Glulam – high load-bearing capacity for structural timber engineering
Glued laminated timber consists of at least three board lamellas bonded in the same grain direction. Compared to solid wood of the same cross-section, glulam has 80% higher load-bearing capacity. As a result, it can withstand high static loads and is mainly used in civil engineering. Depending on the requirement, the surface quality can vary from industrial to selection quality. This enables versatile use of the product.
Due to its high load-bearing capacity, glulam offers a wide range of applications in structural timber engineering.
- Short erection time
- High degree of prefabrication
- High dimensional stability
- High load capacity
- Wide range of applications
- Architectural diversity due to curved manufacturing option
- Pleasant and healthy indoor climate
- insulates in summer, stores heat in winter
- Ecological construction